I have three boys, so you may wonder why I’m doing a Vera Bradley Tech Backpack review. Truth is, I am a huge Vera Bradley fan and I don’t need much of an excuse to buy another bag. Except this bag is really a backpack, and I plan to use it when I’m at the school with the PTA. I maintain part of the PTA website for my son’s school, and I also help to organize volunteers for events. This means I’m usually lugging my laptop and folders full of flyers, sign up sheets and volunteer forms in my diaper bag.
The large and well padded laptop compartment.
When I saw the new tech backpack I couldn’t resist, so I purchased one to see if it could really meet my needs. It had to be something more than a laptop carrier because I’m also bringing along paperwork, diapers, wipes, bottles, snacks and toys. And since I juggling a toddler and a stroller, I need my bag to be comfortable and hands free.
Very spacious on the inside. The was a large folder, two notebooks, my ipad, a makeup case, a package of wipes and a stack of diapers (at the bottom)
The first thing I will say about the Vera Bradley tech backpack is this: It is so comfortable! The straps are the perfect width for sitting comfortably on my shoulders. Since school hasn’t started yet I decided to pack it up and bring it along for a day at the zoo. I brought my laptop because I wanted to know what it would feel like with that kind weight in it. I filled the main compartment with the rest of things we would need for the day: diapers, wipes, bottled water, lunch, a few toys, a small first aid kit and my wallet and keys. I planned to take it off once the weight became uncomfortable, but I didn’t even remember I was wearing it until I had to stop to pull out lunch!
The front zippered pockets. One has a small organizer for pens and such. The other was large enough to fit a notepad and my full size wallet.
I would normally feel a little funny walking around with a backpack, but this didn’t feel at all like a throwback to my middle school days at all!
I found myself having to dig through it a few times, but the front zippered pouches made it very easy to get to the things I needed most often. I was surprised to be able to fit my wallet in the front because it is fairly large. The organizer in the top was great because I didn’t have to dig for hand sanitizer at the bottom of my bag all day!
So, Is this the bag for you or your child? Here are my favorite, and least favorite, things:
- The laptop compartment is well padded, so I know my laptop will be protected.
- The main compartment is very roomy. I could easily fit a number of books in here.
- There are two zippered compartments on the front. The bottom is larger and I found it great for keeping things I might need to access quickly. The top has a small organizer inside of it that was great for holding pens, chapstick and hand sanitizer.
- I love the selection of colors it is available in (mine is in Flower Shower)
- The comfort level is really beyond any backpack I have worn before
- It is made of thick, quality materials – I would expect it to last a long time, even with every day use
- There really isn’t anything I don’t like about this bag. Maybe the side pockets could be a little larger to fit larger water bottles?
The combination of quality, functionality and comfort make me feel that the Vera Bradley Tech Backpack is well worth the price tag!
And don’t forget to check out the rest of my Back to School series, all August long, for more school themed reviews, crafts, gifts and recipes!
Now head into the comments and tell me – who would you purchase a Vera Bradley Tech Backpack for?
Disclaimer: This product is purchased by me, I have not received any compensation or free merchandise from Vera Bradley. All opinions are entirely my own.