Well, this is one way to dive in! 20 facts about me… I hope I can think of that many interesting things…. actually, I hope I can think of even that many ordinary, slightly boring things! Here goes…
1. I love to crochet. I wish I had more time to do it, and I have yet to start a really big project – but I keep telling myself that someday I will make each of the boys’ a blanket.
2. I lost over 80 lbs in the last 2 1/2 years. I don’t blog about weight loss or dieting right now because it’s just not something I really enjoy writing about, but it was quite a journey and I learned valuable lessons about my body image and how I think about food.
3. My favorite color is purple. It wasn’t always, at some point my husband just decided this and started buying me everything in purple, over time it grew it on me!
4. I have a hardcore ice cream addiction – tenfold if that ice cream is Baskin Robbins Rocky Road in a waffle cone.
5.I love hiking and mountain biking and some of my favorite memories are of hiking/biking with my husband and the boys. I’ve also been bitten by deer ticks twice, and now invest in really good bug spray!
6. I have an anxiety disorder. It sucks!
7. I can’t stand the sight of blood. I once cut through my finger – right down to the bone – and anytime I glimpse the scar I get queasy thinking about all that blood..
8. I broke my leg jumping off of a table when I was 18 months old.
9. I love frozen yogurt. If you ask me, these frozen yogurt + topping bar places are the best. trend. ever.
10. I love to read, but am ashamed by how little I read these days, and wish I were setting a better example for my kids in regards to reading and literature.
11. I minored in English Literature in college.
12. My husband and I met on Myspace! We’ll be married 8 years this spring.
13. I am turning 30 this year, and that absolutely blows my mind. Sometimes I feel like I should be so much more “grown up”, but thinking about a life without goofy pictures and random dancing makes me sad.
14. I hated math as much as my oldest son does now, and it drives me crazy to see him procrastinate about his work the way I used to!
15. I love food. And it’s so much more than that… I really just adore good food, I think it is one of life’s greatest pleasures – especially when enjoyed in good company.
16. I am super shy in person, and I hate it.
17. I have the worst sense of direction. I can easily get lost in the neighborhood I have spent 90% of my life in.
18. I am a huge Imagine Dragons fan and my husband and I go to see them whenever they are playing near us.
19. I have hazel eyes, and I love them.
20. My favorite TV character ever is Dr. Rodney McKay of Stargate Atlantis (which happens to be on Netflix if you’re looking for something new to binge watch. You canthank me later). I could seriously head up a fan club if I had the spare time.
So there you have it, some very random facts about me! I almost didn’t finish this tonight because I’m two steps from a serious food coma after dining on some delicious BBQ ribs and brisket tonight, but now I’m glad I did!
On to Day 3 tomorrow!