I love these sweet potato fries! In fact they’re one of my favorite things to make (and to eat!). Baking instead of frying gives them a healthy edge over your standard french fry and they come out crispy and so delicious you’ll probably be sorry you didn’t make more of them! I typically make two versions, a delicious savory sweet potato fry and a yummy sweet one, because my kids gobble these up when they’re sprinkled with cinnamon.
To get started you’ll need:
4-5 medium sweet potatoes
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut 1/4 thick sticks from each slice. Toss the fries in a bowl with 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil. Coat well. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme OR if you prefer sweeter taste try salt and cinnamon. My kids love them this way!
Lay the sweet potato fries out on a baking pan in a single layer, leaving some space around each one.
Bake until the fries begin to turn golden brown, 20-25 minutes, turning half way through. At this point they will smell amazing, but don’t rush, let them do their thing!
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool about 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Serve and enjoy!
I love these dipped in a spicy mustard, although my kids are big fans of ketchup.
- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and cut potato into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Cut 1/4 inch sticks from each slice
- Place sweet potato fries into a bowl and coat with olive oil
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, leaving space around each fry.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking tray five minutes before serving.
- Variation: Season with salt and cinnamon for a sweet twist!